Year 10100 Month 1 Week 1 Day 1

Hello, my name is Link. At least, that's what the voice in my head refers to me as. I woke up today with no memories, naked, in some kind of water tank dealy, locked inside a mountain. I shit you not. I picked up this strange phablet thing (a Sheikah Slate, says the voice), that I'm writing this on, and it unlocked the mountain. Fortunately there were some clothes nearby, but they're a little small on me.

So I went outside and saw that I'm in a surrounded by ruins. I don't know what happened here, but it must've been bad. There was an old man camping nearby. I was so hungry I picked up his apple without thinking about it, but he was cool with it. We talked about some of the ruins nearby. Then the voice in my head spoke again. It said I must follow the directions on my Sheikah slate. I said goodbye to the old man (who also gave me a torch and axe), and set out for the ping.

On my way there I was attacked by monsters (the Sheikah slate says bokoblins and chu chus)! The first is a weird furry big-eared humanoid and the second a gel lifeform of some kind. One of them had a sword, but I did him in with the axe from the old man. Fighting seems to come easily to me. I must've been some kind of warrior before... Before I woke up today?

So I get to the ping and there's a weird pedestal like the kind I used to unlock the mountain. I activate it with my slate, and suddenly boom! It wasn't an explosion but it sure felt like one. There was a tower under the pedestal and it rose up like 100 feet, with me on it! That was a rough ride. My ass still hurts. There were a bunch of other towers I could see off in the distance. I got a pretty good look at the land around from there. Off in the distance I could see a castle.

Then the voice in my head came back and asked me to remember. I watched the castle for a bit, when suddenly it was covered in darkness. And a worm of darkness started swirling around it. The worm is Calamity Ganon, and the voice told to defeat it. Didn't really say much about how or why (it's the size of a fucking castle damnit). But I think I'm going to try. Something like that is clearly bad news and I must've been trained to fight for a reason. Plus if you can't trust the voice in your head, who can you trust?

Anyways I climbed down the tower when who do I see. The old man, flying. He can fly. It turned out later that he has a paraglider that lets him glide more than fly. Anyways, I just had to have it.

He asked me a bunch of questions about whether I intend to take down Calamity Ganon and offered to trade me the paraglider for the treasure in a nearby shrine. I accepted and started off for the shrine. On my way there was a camp of 4 bokoblins who I defeated with ease. They had a cookpot, so I cooked myself up some dinner and made camp for the night. Tomorrow I'm going into that shrine, I'm excited to see what the treasure is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year 10100 Month 2 Week 1 Day 4

Year 10100 Month 1 Week 1 Day 5

Year 10100 Month 1 Week 2 Day 1