Year 10100 Month 1 Week 1 Day 2

Well, I went to the shrine, but it was locked. Fortunately my slate once again acted as a key. Then there was an elevator inside. I went down to the shrine. And there was another voice. At least that one wasn't in my head. It seemed to come from all around.

It was apparently some monk, whose name I managed to already forget (it's ok if I need to talk to him again, my slate recorded it), of the Goddess Hylia. Learning a lot of names today. And forgetting them too of course.

And then the monk made me a wizard. I think? There was another pedestal and it poured something into my slate, and afterwards there was a new function. I can use to move really heavy metal objects now. Like ridiculously heavy. The shrine seemed to be designed to test my mastery of this function.

The shrine had a guardian, but I defeated it easily. Seemed to be some kind of shiny spider? No fangs though. It was made out of gears and stuff.

Not really any treasure though. There was just a bow, but it's not much better than the one I took of the monsters.

But when I got to the end of the shrine's tests and guardians I saw the monk. He was pretty creepy looking. He never moved a bit and talked to me without opening his mouth. Then he said he was giving me the goddess's blessing and there was a floaty... orb... thing... And it went *inside* my chest, which freaked me the fuck out. But afterwards I felt braver somehow.

So I get out of the shrine and the old man is flying here again. He says he now wants treasure from three more shrines, though he didn't seem interested in the bow. I'm starting to think it's not about the treasure. The old man knows a lot and seems to know me too. But he's staying mum for now. He asked me to meet him back atop the tower.

I decided to look around a bit first. The ruins have been wrecked pretty well, but they haven't been super looted. See in the pond nearby there was treasure. There were literal chests. And they were made of metal. So I used my newfound wizardry to pull them out. I found a few gemstones in chests attached to some garments that had long since rotted due to being exposed to the elements. Or to one very destructive element, water.

As I was playing around with wizardry, I found a peculiar looking chain, attached to a ball on one end and a tree stump on the other. This reminded of a game I used to play as a child, where there was a ball you had to put in a cup (I don't remember my fucking name, but I remember that stupid game).

So I put the ball in the tree stump, and out popped a creature. It was hovering a bit above the stump. It seemed surprised that I could see it, introduced itself as a korok, then gave me a seed and told me to give it back to someone named Hestu. Overall, a very strange encounter. And not 30 minutes later, I find another Korok hiding under a rock nearby. And it gave me another seed. I get the feeling that Hestu will be pretty happy to get these seeds back, or maybe the Koroks are just fucking with me.

So I started walking back to the tower and made camp at the old bokoblin camp. I'll meet the old man tomorrow, hope he's still waiting there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year 10100 Month 2 Week 1 Day 4

Year 10100 Month 1 Week 1 Day 5

Year 10100 Month 1 Week 2 Day 1